Dienstag, 15. Juli 2008

Happy 4th of July

The only free day in our 5-week program:

4th of July!

The American Independence Day - I must admit, I never knew about it before, nor did I find anything special about July 4 - For me it was usually just a mostly sunny day, and until 2007 I had spent it EVERY year in Velden am Wörthersee - in the first week of our summer holidays. (Yes, I am a pround owner of the golden medal that honors me for having been "20 Jahre Kurgast in Velden")
Anyway, last year was the first year, that broke this tradition and we spent that (still not very unusual) day in Italy, on the island of Elba. And this year, - pataaa - I am in San Francisco and it turns out to be a biiig holiday.
So that was our day. I spent it with Abby, Darcy and her friends.

1. Getting out of the city (for the 1at time since we're here) by riding BART (Bay Area Rapid Transport):




2. arriving in Berkely, another city, located at the east side of the bay. Darcy (on the left, Abby right) picks us up and we pass interesting flowers on the way to her house.




3. We drive to a BBQ hosted by Darcy's friends who turned out to be vegetarian gourmet cooks! Heaven!


The food:



The dessert:

Keine Kommentare: