Freitag, 28. März 2008

dry update...

... because without pictures :(

The good news: I've got a new cell phone today. The bad news: This was just necessary because I've destroyed the old one - it was in my bag and the bag crashed against the wheel of my bike... so I went to tha cell phone shop in the mall today and met Dawna, the same blonde barbie-doll- like always smiling salesperson who had sold me my other phone in August. She explained that getting a new cell phone without a new contract is rather expensive and then offered me a variety of wonderful luxurious phones or black- blue- or whatever- berry - devices capable of whatever you want but what I dont need at all - for just $300+. Then after she noticed the intimidated look on my face she finally mentioned there is also a very simple basic phone that looks like a toy for $40. (25 Euro!) Well that's what I've finally taken and she was not very delighted about that I guess. Well, me neither, because it doesn't have a camera, and my new digital camera is broken too... so - that will probably be the revival of my analog camera, that I had brought here just "in case", but never used yet. Jaja, die gute alte Technik, darauf kann man sich halt doch noch verlassen! :)

Moreover Hoffmann - dress-week is coming up, what means rehearsal till 10pm every day. Even Sunday - we have "piano tech rehearsal" from 1-6pm and right now I'm coming from the "Wandelprobe"! How, funny, a German word, that is not used in German theatres any more... (or at least I had enver heard it before)
There are also some other German words, that are "borrowed" and used here all the time: (in addition to Kindergarten and Rucksack) Sitzprobe, Zwischenfach, Heldentenor, "The German Lied", Liederabend, Bratwurst,...

Keine Kommentare: