Dienstag, 12. Februar 2008

Steak & Shake

Genuine mid-western fast food

So this one of the Gymnasia in the HPER (School of Health, Physical Education and Recreation): 5 min. from music school and the place where I'm occasionally running, Tae Kwon Do-ing or joining Valeska to the Gym.


But this picture is mainly here to calm my consciousness down. Because.... after the last workout I've joined all the Tae Kwon DO - fellers to have some food.
Ein gefährliches Unterfangen, ich sags euch! Denn:

We went to "Steak & Shake", a fast food place, I hadn't heard of before, and when I told that Abby she said, well - before she came to Bloomington, she didn't know it either. Because it's a typical mid-western thing. (for those who are not so frequent blog-visitors: We are in the mid-west here. Even though Indiana is far more on the east then on the west half of USA. But eveything further west is just west. Or maybe wild west. But here we're still in the calm and safe mit-west and - in the kingdom of "Steak & Shake".)

My 1st impression: Maybe not the best place for Vegetarians:


Usually I don't like fast food (-places), so why was it so "dangerous" then? Well, because here I actually liked it! And there were some pretty convincing reasons for that:

1) Already the table mat looked delicious and creative:


2) I was sitting next to Abby: (who recommended to take a milkshake - because that's what this place is famous for - as you can guess from the name)


3) My "milkshake": "dark chocolate - strawberry". It was served in a REAL glass! Not in a huge plastic cup like in even not-fast-food restaurants. But: It looked neither like milk nor shake - just pure Ice cream. Yumm, but also Uhmmm (but who is looking at calories anyway)


4) I thought, if I really go to Steak & Shake, and I take a Shake, the only thing that is missing then, is the steak. Too bad, that I don't like steaks though. But...totally by chance, there was a daily offer, namely "take a steakburger (that is a hamburger but it still sounds way cooler) with fries and a side (das Salatblatt und die 2 Paradeiserscheiben) for 2$" - what a solution! So..double yumm yumm. It was even served on a real plate. And the emphasis lies also on "was served" - by real waiters in black and white. As the Shake is technically a drink, you consume it at the same time like the burger of course. Some people even dip their fries in ice-cream instead of catsup. Süß-sauer sozusagen. Also fast schon Asian. Well, America is multi - culti as we know.


5) And I liked that:


Abby didn't want me to take a foto of that because she thought that's too dumb. But I thought it's so American, that it's just funny! So it's definitely worth, that...

I'll post a new poll where I'll give you some answers and you can vote which one do you think is the only correct one!
Es gibt attraktive Preise zu gewinnen!

3 Kommentare:

Magdarine hat gesagt…

zu blöd, dass die Umfrage anonym ist, so weißt Du gar nicht, an den der Preis gehen soll...

Elisabeth hat gesagt…

an mich, ist ja klar, ich will ihn haben, den Preis!!!

Anonym hat gesagt…

Amiable brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.