Freitag, 25. Januar 2008

New stuff

This semester is full of starting new things.
And strangely enough this makes me feel pretty old, because suddenly I notice how long it takes me now to learn and get used to new techniques, moves, things - compared to when I was younger! (Jössasna - Kinder wie die Zeit vergeht.... sprach Oma)
For example today: my 1st Violin lesson... my poor patient teacher spent a whole hour just showing me again and again how to hold the instrument and the bow and apparently I still couldn't do it. But my back and arms hurt afterwards. Anyway, still exciting!

Then: Tae Kwon Do:


Apparently (influenced through my friend Abby) I'm spending more time practicing martial arts than singing now. During the first lessons it was really a challenge - not for my body, but for my brain! (I kept struggling with my left-right problem - maybe it's better that I can't drive) But, persuaded by Abby, after I couldn't say no to joining the Club as well and after even some private lessons with her (She's training for her black belt test right now) I feel really good about it now and I can't stop practicing kicks wherever I am - like in the hallway of the music school today. (I made sure that nobody was around then though :)
That was in the Gym with Mr. Thomas, the Tae Kwon Do - king
(our teacher) after the lesson on Wednesday:


So generally I can sum up, that my life is mostly about sports and food right now. (Hm, is this, why I came here?) So I've covered sports now, so to the food:
My dinner after the workout: My self-baked (!!) bread, with Avocados on top! Yummy!!


Hm, now I feel guilty because I've totally ignored writing about the music school this time... well, here's my favourite object I've seen there yet - I've found it in one of the harp practice rooms:

I think there's not much more to say, than: I wonder how many people have used this already. And what size is it...? Maybe I should try it on the next time - for another funny picture at least!

1 Kommentar:

Magdarine hat gesagt…

the emergency black dress really cracks me up :)