Samstag, 2. August 2008

healthy summer-lunch

Romaine - spinach - cheese - pistacchio - basil - salad

I am currently attempting to eat as much healthy food as possible...
In San Francisco, without having access to a kitchen, my lunch mostly looked like this: a zip-lock bag full of raw baby spinach, baby carrots (Americans seem to like the baby-type of everything a lot), maybe sometimes some sugar snap peas and 2 or 3 pieces of String-cheese. (Dry mozzarella wrapped in separate "strings")

(Abby presenting the lunch bag in our hotel room in SF)

As this was not very juicy and as I have my kitchen here again (at least for 7 more days - yes I am leaving today in 1 week!), I have tried to spice up this lunch - idea a bit...and created a salad:

Romaine lettuce
Baby spinach
grated carrots
sliced cucumber
diced avocado
salt
pepper
basil
vinegar
olive oil
three-cheese - crumbles
pistacchios

Mix and mingle all of that together, and that's it :)

Keine Kommentare: