Samstag, 3. Mai 2008

Fake - Graduation

Graduation day!



May 2nd 2008 - the day, Viki got her Masters degree in Voice performance from Indiana University.
Ok ok, just kidding! I have to admit, it's not me who is officially graduating here... but how nice to have good friends like Valeska, who are willing to lend you their graduation - gown/hood/hat for some pictures! I mean, this is not even the Bachelor's, but the Master - outfit! (Wenn schon, denn schon! And yes - they look different in a way (that we don't know yet, but we will find out at the ceremony tomorrow))
Here again Viki in front of the "Sample gates", the oldest part and symbolic entrance to the campus - and: the place where people have kept taking graduation pictures already for the last 3 days... (or longer) Don't I look convincingly proud of the success that I have never achieved? I' m sure, that even the woman who's passing behind gives me an admiring look full of respect and envy! And see the pink tassel - that's the special colour for the Music - graduates! Every department has it's own colour and Business students, for example, get a golden one! Hm, does this show that arts don't really need to be taken as serious?


And here's Valeska, the generous donor of the precious outfit (she had to rent (not buy!) it for 80$ and can just keep the hat and the awesome pink tassel). She's the one who really deserves to be on a picture like that: (even if she looks a little not yet convinced of that)


(the tassel is missing here by the way because this was the first picture and we didn't know how to fix it on the hat - even though the whole thing came with an instruction sheet!)
So.... I will come home without any degree from IU, BUT great pictures.
And hopefully I will get my boring, unspectacular Bachelor without any fancy gown next year in Vienna :)

1 Kommentar:

Anonym hat gesagt…

:)