Mittwoch, 14. November 2007

My new Job!

Recital Set-up


This Foto was taken today!! (nice weather again :)

...In front of the "Beth Methusham Simon Music Library and Recital Centre", the greatest place on campus :) There's the music library and 2 concert halls inside....and they are my new workplace! Not as a singer unfortunately, but cool anyway... I am responsible for the set-up and lights and inbetween I can listen to the ongoing recital or do anything else...
May I introduce the 3 pretty halls...

That's Auer Hall, the largest...only grad students or faculty members are allowed to have recitals there:


That's Ford Hall, Auer's little sister/brother - that's where our studio recital took place and where we have most of our solo-recitals:

And that's the old "Recital Hall" - located in the old music building (that was the only music building once and os now enlarged with the Annex on the pic at the end of this page)


The Simon building in the summer:



And that's where I spend most of the time, the MA. That means Music Annex. or mostly just called "the round building". The studio rooms are ok, they are in the 1st floor and have windows. Everything else above are practice rooms, like little boxes or cells, without windows and cell phone reception! :(
I've heard that they are planning to tear this building down next year and replace it... huge project.

The next post will be about our STUDIO RECITAL... I am just waiting for Ms. Wise's video. :)

Keine Kommentare: