Samstag, 17. November 2007

My 1st Patricia Wise - Studio Recital

Sunday, Nov. 11th in Ford-Hall (Indiana University, Bloomington)
Here's my performance of the 2 Schumann-Lieder "Der Nussbaum" and "Widmung":



It was a nice recital... I am not completely satisfied that some of my notes still sound trembling or unstable, but I really enjoyed singing on this evening because I was not nervous at all. And I was happy that I could perform together with my friend Valeska, who played harp for the "Nussbaum". It was so different to recitals in Vienna...
we also prepared differently... I had the impression, that Ms. Wise made not really a big deal about it, whereas with Julia I had alsways the feeling, the
Klassenabend is the major event of the whole Semester. And we had picked the repertory much more carefully and worked on it for a long time...

Now, with Ms. Wise we were singing new songs every week and then suddenly it was more like..."oh, by the way, next week is our recital, hm, what would you like to sing...oh why don't you take the Schumann"...
And we didn't have any extra rehersals for that and none of us could sing in the concert hall before this evening, because there was always something else scheduled there.
So I was kind of surprised, that it still turned out to be a great evening even though every piece was chosen much more spontaneously than I was used to it. Maybe it works so well, because everybody is used to working much more on his/her own, as you have just 1 lesson per week and you have to pay the accompanists yourself.

(that's during Widmung I think)

In the very end of the clip you can see all of us on stage for a moment, and also la maestra herself. :) We were 15 people singing, mostly sopranos and 2 lonely guys. For those of you who are interested in the other people's performances, I'll put some of them on youtube too, you'll find them by clicking "more of this user"

But... I really missed going out after the recital together! I realised what a nice "tradition" this had become at the Kons and I really was kind of... "what, that's it?" as everybody was rushing away in different directions afterwards.

But then I found out, that almost the whole German group had come and so we went to Mama Bear's Pizza Place right across the street... that's where I got to know the American pizza. I was so happy, that at least Abby (the only one from the studio I'm meeting frequently; and through her I got the recital-setup-job) was also in the mood for joining us and having dinner.... :) So here we are, happy and hungry:

Keine Kommentare: